Wednesday, April 20, 2011

27 Weeks!

I know.  I'm lame.  I didn't get the "26 Weeks!" post up last week and I haven't posted a belly picture in awhile.  I feel really guilty about it so stop making me feel worse!

Things have been a little chaotic around here lately (I guess I should get used to that) and Brad (my in-house photographer) has been traveling a lot the past three weeks.

So those are my excuses.

Anyway... 

Today's date: Wednesday, April 20, 2011

How far along: 27 weeks!  This is my last week in my second trimester.  Next week I'll enter the third trimester, which seems crazy!

Sex: Girlie Girl!

Maternity clothes: I'm starting to wear a lot more maternity shirts, thanks to my mom who took me shopping last weekend and bought me a few maternity shirts (and some new slippers)!  Thanks Mom : )  I also bought another pair of maternity jeans and they're actually really cute...and comfortable.  I don't know why I haven't been wearing jeans with elastic waist bands all along ; )

Sleep: I've been sleeping really well.  My hands haven't been getting as numb as they were last week, either.  I've really tried to up my potassium, so maybe that's helping.

Best moment(s) of the week:  My mother-in-law hosted baby shower #2 on Saturday, with all of her extended family, a lot of whom I didn't know.  So, it was really great to meet a lot of these people that she always talks about.  Everyone was so excited for us and we are very grateful for all the wonderful gifts we received.  I'm starting to feel a lot more prepared...at least in the "stuff" department.

Movement: More and more every day...but then again, there are days when I don't feel her much at all.

Food cravings/aversions: Nada.

Morning sickness: Nada.

Symptoms: My back still gives me trouble once in awhile, but not nearly as much as it did pre-chiro.

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
Its still in, but is still getting more and more shallow.

What I miss:
A clear complexion on my back and shoulders and normal lung capacity.

What I'm looking forward to: Brad and I are staying in Pittsburgh for Easter this year (this is a first) so we're going to have dinner with my Gram & Pap on Sunday.  Really looking forward to that.

Size and growth of our baby: Baby is now the size of a HEAD OF CAULIFLOWER!


This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment