Wednesday, April 20, 2011

B-Ready

After lots of back and forth and much debate about our stroller purchase, we finally made a decision this past Sunday and bought the B-Ready by Britax (in Black...surprise surprise).  It was really a last minute game time decision between the B-Ready and the Indie by Bumbleride.

B-Ready

versus

Indie


Both serve dual purposes and I liked that I could get two strollers out of one.  The B-Ready has 14 different configurations and can even accommodate two babies/toddlers, with an additional seat.  When we saw it in person at Buy Buy Baby, we really liked how small it folded up, considering what a large stroller it is.  I also love that I can have the seat facing forward or backward. 

The Indie was about $100 cheaper (which I thought Brad would love) but also has a lot of cool features, most obvious is their awesome color choices.  I love the green and blue, although I still would have gone with plain old black, so I couldn't really consider the color options in my decision.  This stroller's dual purpose is that it doubles as a jogging stroller.  It only has one wheel up front and all of the tires are air inflated, as opposed to whatever rubbery material all others are made of.  The one thing we didn't like about this stroller is how bulky it still was when it was folded.  It would never have fit in the tiny trunk of my hatchback.

So, the question was: 1. Do we want a stroller that doubles as a jogging stroller or a double stroller?  But that all changed when we got to BBB and realized that if we bought the B-Ready, we would get the infant car seat (the one that we originally wanted) for free.  Yes.  We'd get a $229 infant car seat for free.

That made the decision pretty clear and after a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon, and $80 worth of gift cards that we received at baby shower #2, we were out the door with the stroller of my dreams for a little over $100 out of our pockets!

(Brad's parents got us the Chaperone car seat, so we returned that (only to get it back for free) and then put that money towards the purchase of the stroller, which is why we ended up only having to pay about $100 out of our pockets.)

So, basically, we got the set that we wanted (car seat & stroller) that would have come to a combined total of over $700+tax for a little over $300+tax. 

I'd say that's a deal!

Now, we're on to baby monitors.  I'll let you know how that decision goes : )

xoxo,
megahn

No comments:

Post a Comment