Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend in Photos

Any of you who know me well, know that I love trips back to Michigan to be with my family and friends, but I have to say that its been really nice staying put these past few weekends.  I've been able to get so much done and have been able to get back into a laundry/grocery/cleaning routine, which sounds lame, but makes this girl feel on top of things.  I've also been able to tackle a couple projects that have taken a back seat the past few months and last but not certainly not least, I've been able to get some of this baby gear ready!

I can't even tell you how long ago I started Erica started this frame collage wall.  I finally had time on Saturday afternoon to measure out the hole placement for the remaining frames!  So, the picture you see below are the "frames" that still need to have holes drilled, before I remove the paper place holders.  I'm waiting for Brad's help on that since this is along the stairs and these last remaining are not within arms reach for me.  Pregnant lady + stairs + ladders = dangerous, I think.  So, until Brad has time to help me drill a few holes, it will look like this.  Hopefully not too much longer though!
 

Saturday morning I baked cupcakes for my friend, Katie, who turned 24 on Friday.  Such a baby!  I just realized today that she's a year younger than my younger brother, which just seems so strange for some reason!


Katie and her husband Rick...our only "couple" friends in Pittsburgh ; )  We grilled up some meat, had our first corn on the cob of the summer and a delicious strawberry + feta salad.  Dinner was delicious!


This morning, Brad and I tried out a new church just up the road and afterwards decided to do a little drive by house hunting.  We're not looking to move anytime soon, but we always like to see what's out there and discover new areas.  This is me sitting in the car, legs up, looking at beautiful houses.  Holy belly, huh!?






Once we got back from our three and a half hour house hunting excursion, I had a few things to knock off my list, one of which was to finish up a Pretty Pearl order, to be sent out tomorrow.


I've been really good about menu planning and shopping based on those specific meals.  I try to do this on Sundays and get my grocery shopping out of the way, so I don't have to worry about going after work.


The rest of the evening I spent working on baby preparations.  First up: Nurse "Thank You" bags.  I haven't fully decided what the contents will entail but I do know that they will each include one of the best sugar cookies, from the Clarkston Village Bake Shop.  Oh, I wish I had one right now : )


Cute little sticker I whipped up for the front of the bag.  I love that little baby head!


On to my first load of baby laundry!  I probably won't wash everything right away, but I definitely wanted to get blankets, towels, onesies, mittens, hats, etc washed since that's likely what we'll be using right away.  And can I just say that some baby product manufacturers need to think about the packaging they use for their products.  In particular, baby socks!  They don't need to be secured with those little plastic "tag" holders in THREE different places.  Cutting off all of those plastic things, off of multiple packs or sock and everything else, was so annoying!


I think I giggled a little as I was throwing all of her little "things" into the washing machine.  Most exciting load of laundry I've ever done : )


And, last but certainly not least...we Brad finally got the nursery painted!  We chose an Eddie Bauer color called Flax, that we also used in the kitchen.  I know.  It sounds weird to paint a baby girls nursery the same color as your kitchen, let alone, tan, but we want it to be more of an understated, feminine look (and we want it to flow with the rest of the house).  Hopefully my vision will come together : )

Oh, and we ordered the carpet for the bedrooms upstairs (and the hallways and stairs), so that will be in about a week before my due date.  Then we have to schedule the install date, which will probably be days before my due date (assuming she doesn't come early)!


I hope everyone had a relaxing and/or productive weekend too!  Get any fun (or not so fun) projects tackled? 

xoxo,
meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment