Wednesday, June 29, 2011

37 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How far along: 37 weeks...FULL TERM!!

Sex: We're still planning for a girl... : )

Maternity clothes: Basically, whatever is comfortable!  Yoga pants, tanks and running shoes and flip flops.

Sleep: Still sleeping on the couch every night even though Brad bought and installed an AC unit in our bedroom.  Now its not the temperature keeping me on the couch, its the fact that sleeping in a more upright position is easier on the couch than it is in bed.  Sleeping upright seems to help ward off acid reflux attacks, and I'm all for keeping that at bay.  The new couch and I have gotten to be good friends :)

Best moment(s) of the week:  We started and finished painting the nursery!  Its still not near being ready for this little lady, but we're making progress and that makes this mamma-to-be very happy!  I also washed and folded my first load of baby laundry, which was actually pretty thrilling - everything is so teeny tiny and super cute!  Its hard to imagine that she'll actually fit into some of these things...they seem to small!!  And, Brad got the swing put together the other night, so that's taking up a lot of space in the living room, now : )  Moose nudges it with his nose and then barks at it.  Grrrrreat!


 
Movement: I had to stop by the auto body shop the other day and while I was sitting in the waiting area, she was moving like crazy!  I felt like the lady sitting across from me could see my belly moving if she had looked!

Food cravings/aversions:  Still a bottomless pit!  I feel like I'm going to have a twelve-pounder with all the food I can consume!  Lots of ice cold water, too!

Morning sickness: Nada.

Symptoms: Acid reflux off and on and of course, lots of aches and pains.

Labor signs:
  I don't think so...
 
Belly button in or out: 
Pretty much still half and half.

What I miss:
I miss sleeping through the night (on my back and stomach), a skinnier body and legs and feet that don't ache all the time.  I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore : )

What I'm looking forward to: My mom is coming into town this weekend, so I'm looking forward to some time with her and my Grandma this weekend.  And, Brad's favorite holiday of all time is this weekend, so we'll be doing something fun!

Size and growth of our baby: Baby now is as long as SWISS CHARD!


Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.  Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment