Wednesday, July 20, 2011

40 Weeks!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and after being so anxious to see if things were progressing down there, I was a bit disappointed to hear quite the opposite.  I wasn't dilated at all!  Huge bummer.  I also found out that my fundal height hasn't changed in the past few weeks, so they ordered me to get an ultrasound with is scheduled for tomorrow, to be sure everything is ok in there.  I'm a little nervous that maybe something is wrong, but praying that everything is ok (and excited that we can hopefully confirm that she is really a she and not a he)!  So, ultrasound tomorrow at 8:00am - cross your fingers that everything is ok!

If I don't go into labor on my own by next week Thursday (7/28), they have me scheduled to be induced.  I'm really hoping that doesn't have to happen because being induced = drugs and I want to try to steer clear of those.

Anyway...without further ado...here's the rundown for today!

Today's date: Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How far along: 40 weeks...and no sign of this baby wanting to come out!

Sex: We're still planning for a girl... : )

Maternity clothes: Basically, whatever is comfortable!  Yoga pants, tanks and running shoes and flip flops.  The stretchier, the better :)

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well, actually.  The acid reflux has really diminished, although I still take two tums right before bed.  And two more when I wake up around 2:30am to go pee.  I haven't even been sleeping propped up, which has been great!

Best moment(s) of the week:  This is going to sound really silly, but one of the best moments this week was working with Brad to get a frame collage up (more on that in a bit).  Its been in the works for a long time now and it was nice to work on a project with hubs again.  We used to work on projects together all the time - painting, ripping up flooring, tiling, etc but since I've been pregnant I haven't been able to help with much.  So...it was nice to get to work on something together again :)
 
Movement: She's still wiggling around in there but sometimes I worry that she's not moving as much as she should be.  Maybe due to cramped quarters?  I don't know!

Food cravings/aversions:  Nothing too exciting to report in this department.

Morning sickness: Nada.

Symptoms: Still very achey...I think my poor feet and knees are just about at their breaking point.

Labor signs:
You would think so, but I really haven't had any BH contractions or anything!
 
Belly button in or out: 
Top half only :)

What I miss:
I still miss: wearing my wedding rings, being able to see the tendons in my feet, sleeping soundly through the night...in my own bed and on my belly, being of normal body temperature and blow drying my hair.

What I'm looking forward to: Really just want to meet this little girl!

Size and growth of our baby: Baby now is as long as a SMALL PUMPKIN!


It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds and is about 20 inches long. Her skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment