Wednesday, July 6, 2011

38 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 (Happy 30th Birthday, Michael!)

How far along: 38 weeks...2 weeks to go!

Sex: We're still planning for a girl... : )

Maternity clothes: Basically, whatever is comfortable!  Yoga pants, tanks and running shoes and flip flops.  The stretchier, the better :)

Sleep: I still wake up a few times each night, but have been falling right back to sleep, thank God.  And, my work schedule has been pretty flexible, so I'm able to sleep in if I want/need to.  The acid reflux hasn't been too bad the past week, so I'm thankful for that, too!

Best moment(s) of the week:  We had a great weekend!  It was productive, fun and relaxing, all rolled into one.  My mom came into town on Thursday night, so I got to spend some time with her on Friday - we went outlet shopping in Grove City and then met Brad for dinner.  On Saturday morning, we headed out to Greensburg to visit with my Gram & Pap.  We had lunch with them and then just 'visited' for the rest of the afternoon.  My Aunt and cousins stopped by, so it was great to see them too.  We scooted off to get pedicures and were back just in time for a delicious dinner with Gram, Pap, Uncle Chris and Anna.  Everything was so good - I could have eaten for days : )

Fast forward to Monday, the 4th (Brad's FAVORITE holiday).  I wasn't up for much since I had over-done it the couple days before, but Brad encouraged me to head up to McConnell's Mill with him and some of our friends, for a little outdoor fun.  I decided to go and it ended up being a really great afternoon/evening.  I brought a lawn chair and was able to just sit and watch - it was great.  And, the best part is that it was especially cool because we were covered by trees and near a river.  Brad was so happy to be climbing again and I think he needed a break from house projects (even though there's still plenty to be done).
 
Movement: I think she's running out of room in there, but I can still feel her squirming around.

Food cravings/aversions:  I feel like I haven't been eating as much the past few days than I had been.  Maybe its the heat?

Morning sickness: Nada.

Symptoms: Lots of aches and pains.  The acid reflux hasn't flared up in awhile, but that might be because I take precautions when eating (time of day, types of foods) and take two tums before bed.

Labor signs:
  Unfortunately, I don't think so.
 
Belly button in or out: 
Top half only :)

What I miss:
I miss: wearing my wedding rings, being able to see the tendons in my feet, sleeping soundly through the night...in my own bed, being of normal body temperature and blow drying my hair.

What I'm looking forward to: Having this baby, of course!

Size and growth of our baby: Baby now is as long as a LEEK!


Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment