Wednesday, December 15, 2010

9 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, December 15, 2010

How far along: 9 weeks

Sex: Unknown.

Maternity clothes: I bought a pair of black yoga pants that are maternity, but they're still really big on me.  I've been wearing regular yoga pants a lot, though!

Sleep: Sleep has been awful for the past week!  I get up to pee at 3:30am or 4:30am every night and then take for ever to fall back asleep.  Its also very dry in our upstairs, so my nose gets stuff and I can't breathe.  I'm on the hunt for a humidifier this weekend!

Best moment(s) of the week: Some of our best friends, Andrew and Natasha, came to visit this past weekend from West Virginia.  Andrew is in his rotation/3rd year of med school and has already done his OB/GYN rotation, so I was asking LOTS of questions : )  Poor guy!

Movement: Too early to feel.

Food cravings/aversions: Nothing too serious.

Morning sickness: Aside from one day, I've been feeling great!  The nausea is dissipating and I don't seem to be as tired.  Maybe its just my body getting used to all the hormones...?

Symptoms: See last question.

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
Definitely still in.

What I miss:
Feta cheese.  AND, I was baking cupcakes on Thursday after work (for Natasha's birthday) and was trying with all my might to resist eating even a smidgen of the cake batter. 

What I'm looking forward to: Heading to MI for Christmas!!


Size and growth of our baby: Baby is now the size of a green olive! 
 Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood.  Baby is nearly an inch long and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. Baby is starting to look more and more human. The essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do its tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. Baby has tiny earlobes, and its mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.  Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment