Wednesday, December 29, 2010

11 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, December 29, 2010

How far along: 11 weeks

Sex: Unknown...but anxiously awaiting that appointment!

Maternity clothes: I got my first real maternity shirt from my mom for Christmas but its not really my shirts that are snug, its the waist of my pants : )

Sleep: Sleep has been ok.  The past few days I've been waking up at 6:00am on the nose.  Not sure why but I always force myself back to sleep.  Too early to start my day!

Best moment(s) of the week: The Mucci clan didn't show their excitement as much as I had envisioned, but everyone is thrilled and it was great to finally tell all of them!

Movement: Can't feel anything...baby is still too small.

Food cravings/aversions: Nothing too intense yet.

Morning sickness: I'm still feeling really good, aside from last night when I started feeling pretty queasy on an empty stomach.

Symptoms: Nothing too intense, just really bad gas at night.  ha!

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
Definitely still in.

What I miss:
I still miss feta cheese...it was my favorite salad topping.

What I'm looking forward to: Our second doctor appointment on Jan 3 - we'll get to hear the heartbeat!

Size and growth of our baby: Baby is now the size of a FIG!


Our baby is just over 1 1/2 inches long is now almost fully formed. Baby's hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some of the bones are beginning to harden.

Baby's already busy kicking and stretching, and its tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as its body grows and becomes more developed and functional. I won't feel baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will I notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that its diaphragm is forming.

No comments:

Post a Comment