Wednesday, November 24, 2010

6 Weeks!

We got into Michigan late last night and will be here through the weekend.  We always go to my in-laws house first, since they're thirty minutes closer than my parents and since we always have Moose with us...and the main reason is that Jaclyn (Brad's 12 year old sister) is always waiting anxiously for us to arrive.  We got in around 1am and went right to bed but I woke up as if it were Christmas morning because I knew that we were going to be telling Brad's parents about our exciting news today...and hopefully as soon as we rolled out of bed.  To my dismay, Brad informed me that his mom was at work and wouldn't be home until 4:00pm...so we had to wait...all...day...long.

Obviously, it was worth the way and they were soooo excited when we told them.  Tears welled up in eyes, hugs were given all around and lots of baby name talk...even though we have already decided on a name for either sex.

We're spilling the news to my parents and Grandparents tomorrow and I cannot wait!  Both of my parents will be thrilled but I know my dad, especially, is going to be beyond ecstatic!

On to my six week update!

Today's date: Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How far along: 6 weeks

Total weight gain: Still don't know.

Sex: Don't know yet.  Brad's mom thinks it will be a girl.  Brad's dad thinks it will be a boy.

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but was looking at BellaBands in a magazine today...

Sleep: Sleeping has been fine, but I've been drinking so much water that I've been having to get up in the middle of the night to pee.  Annoying!

Best moment(s) of the week: Telling Brad's parents today...and telling mine tomorrow!

Movement: Nope.

Food cravings/aversions: Cravings: ice water with lemon.


Morning sickness: Nothing too intense, but if I don't eat every 3 hours, I start to get a little queasy.  Water with lemon helps a lot too!
 
Symptoms: Still have been having light cramping off and on...nothing serious.  I'm always super tired around 2:00 in the afternoon and my boobs are getting bigger...so weird!

Labor signs:
Not yet.

Belly button in or out: 
In.

What I miss: Nothing.

What I'm looking forward to: A delicious Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow with my family...and of course sharing the news with my parents & grandparents!  eeee!

Size and growth of our baby:  Baby's now the size of a sweet pea!
Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, and chin. Those little hands and feet -- still webbed like paddles -- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.

How our baby's growing:  If you could see into my uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. Baby's emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and its arms and legs by protruding buds. Baby's heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through its body. The intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to baby's lungs has appeared. The pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of the brain, muscles, and bones.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to hear all about it. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete