Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Flintstones!

Being that Brad and I live about five hours from both of our families, its not like we can pop by for dinner to surprise them with our news.  Lucky for us, Thanksgiving is right around the corner, so we plan to share our exiting news with our families then.  We can't wait and are brainstorming all sorts of fun ideas for telling family/friends that we're having a baby.

In the meantime, and as I wait for my first doctor appointment, I needed some advice on "what next?"!  I figured there is something that I should be doing between now and my doctor appointment, but I can't ask my mom because she doesn't know about my pregnancy yet.  So, I decided to tell my friend Jackie, who just had a baby girl almost a year ago.  She's someone I trust whole-heartedly.  Aside from being a great friend and role model, she's been cutting my hair for 7ish years now.  How can I not trust her?!  I knew she would be able to tell me what I needed to be doing.

I kind of figured I should be taking some sort of pre-natal vitamin, but my doctor didn't give me those instructions.  Sure enough, Jackie confirmed that I should be taking a pre-natal but also informed me that her pre-natals made her sick, so her doctor told her to take Flintstone Plus Iron vitamins.  How fun!

I did a quick little research to be sure they had all the nutrients that I needed and picked up a bottle on my way home last night.  I took my first two this morning and they tasted better than I remember as a child : )

Maybe my doctor will tell me to take something else, but in the meantime, this is what I'll take.  Baby  needs folic acid!

xoxo,
meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment