Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Great Dog Park Discovered!


I'm such a bad dog mom.  I haven't taken our poor pooch to the park in soooo long...but all that changed this weekend! 


Brad had to go into work for a bit on Saturday morning, so Moose and I hopped in the car and ventured on to find the Sewickley Heights Borough Dog Park.  I wasn't sure what to expecpt, because other dog parks in the Pittsburgh area that we've been to have not been what I was used to in Michigan.  But, to my surprise, this park was...and is...awesome! 

We pulled into the parking lot and I was still a little skeptical.  We started on the trail, walked a few hundred yards up a little hill and came to this clearing of two beautiful, grass covered (not wood-chip-covered...not muddy) hillsides.  It was the most beautiful off-leash dog park I've ever been too!  Not only were there tons of hillsides for Moose to run free in, there were trails!  LOTS of wooded, beautiful trails.  We picked one and went on our way.  The trails weren't marked that well, but I figured I could figure out how to loop back around.  Well...apparently I was being overly confident because about 45 minutes in, I realized we probably should have been back to the grassy hillsides...and we weren't.
Lucky for us, a guy and his lab came up behind us, so I started following them.  He must have been out for more of a 'work-out' hike because we were on quite a rigorous route.  Down ravines, up steep, long hills.  Moose and I both got a workout!

Thankfully, to the man in the wind-breaker pants and his white lab, we made it back to our car!

More dog park rendezvous to come!

xoxo,
meghan

2 comments:

  1. That's where we had our engagement pictures taken. It's such a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny! Brad and I had our taken at our favorite dog park back home in Grand Rapids...seriously, we have the same life. Ha!

    ReplyDelete