Monday, January 3, 2011

teeny, tiny, super fast...heartbeat!

Today was my second baby appointment and while I was excited, I was also a little nervous!  I knew that this was the appointment that we would be able to hear the heartbeat, but what if we couldn't hear it?  What if the nurse couldn't find it?  Oh, the thoughts that go through my mind!!

It was funny because after going over my charts and asking me a few questions, and before even mentioning the word "heartbeat" she asked me how lucky I was feeling today.  Knowing what she was implying I responded with a big smile on my face "Really lucky!"  She then replied with a friendly but accusing look, as if she knew my nervous tendancies, "Ok, but are you going to be nervous if we don't hear anything?  You're still a touch early to hear the heartbeat."  Of course I said I wouldn't be nervous (slight lie).  Then I looked at Brad who was covering his mouth and laughing because of all people, he knows how nervous I get about even the littlest things.  We all kind of giggled and she went to get her magic wand.



Its safe to say that there's definitely a baby growing inside my belly and we definitely heard the 173bpm heartbeat.  Brad compared it to the sound of Moose panting after a good run.  Ha!

It was such a surreal moment.  I wanted to laugh, cry and burst at the seams with happiness.  There's really a baby growing inside of me!  eeee!

On another baby related note, I'm going to start my monthly belly pictures on Wednesday, which marks my 12th week.  I can't believe I'm almost out of my first trimester!

On a non-baby related note, we decided that we're going to redo our kitchen on the cheap, to tie us over until we have more time/savings to knock down walls, pick out fancy cabinets and counters, etc.  But, we have a pretty good plan and we're excited to finally have a more functional kitchen.

Here are the realtor befores - before we even moved in...


white stove is gone.  new stove took its place.

I'll be sure to post pictures as we make progress...should be a fun project!

xoxo,
meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment