Wednesday, January 5, 2011

12 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, January 5, 2011 (Happy New Year!)

How far along: 12 weeks/3 months

Sex: Unknown...but anxiously awaiting that 20 week appointment!!

Maternity clothes: Still haven't busted out anything maternity, but that's probably because I've been wearing black stretchy pants almost every day!

Sleep: Eh.

Best moment(s) of the week: Oh my gosh.  We heard the heartbeat yesterday.  Amazing.  Breathtaking.  Emotional.  Unbelievable.  One of the most amazing things I've ever experienced.  173bpm strong!

Movement: Can't feel anything...baby is still too small but apparently baby has reflexes now and if I prod my abdomen, it would squirm in response!

Food cravings/aversions: Still nothing too serious.

Morning sickness: Have been having a little queasiness again, when my stomach is empty.

Symptoms: Soooo tired again.

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
Definitely still in.

What I miss:
Since my last update, I found out that I CAN eat feta cheese, as long as its made with pasteurized milk!  Woowoo!

What I'm looking forward to: First ultrasound tomorrow!!  Hopefully everything looks good!

Size and growth of our baby: Baby is now the size of a LIME!


The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, its toes will curl, its eye muscles will clench, and its mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if I prod my abdomen, our baby will squirm in response, although I won't be able to feel it. Baby's intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into its abdominal cavity about now, and its kidneys will begin excreting urine into its bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. Its face looks unquestionably human: eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, baby is just over 2 inches long and weighs half an ounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment