Wednesday, May 18, 2011

31 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, May 18, 2011

How far along: 31 weeks

Sex: Girlie Girl!

Maternity clothes: Pretty much all maternity at this point.  Sometimes I sneak in a few pre-pregnancy shirts/tanks but they're kind of getting a little short in the front :)

Sleep: I feel like I shouldn't complain because I am still sleeping pretty comfortably with all things considered, but I have noticed that its getting slightly more uncomfortable...more tossing and turning, etc.

Best moment(s) of the week:  Another great weekend in Michigan.  I headed to GR on Thursday and got to see so many of the people that I miss so much.  Started off with a haircut at Pure Salon with Jackie (and for those of you who know me, you know how much I treasure my time in Jackie's chair), then I was off to visit with a couple other friends who I hadn't seen in awhile.  Friday was girls night at Stephanie's new house, Saturday was Molly's wedding shower and Sunday was my baby shower.  It was definitely an action packed weekend and was so much fun.  

And, when I got back home on Sunday night (after a 6+ hour drive in the rain), I walked into our house to see that Brad had finished the trim in the kitchen, moved the refrigerator from the dining room to its proper place in the kitchen and even started and finished laying the hardwoods in the living and dining rooms.  What a man!!  I think I need to go away for a week at a time more often :)
 
Movement: MUCH MUCH more the past 4+ days.  Not so much kicking and punching but more of a "rolling around in there" feeling.  I love it!

Food cravings/aversions: Nada.

Morning sickness: Nada.

Symptoms: So happy to have seen my chiro today after over a week : )

Labor signs:
Not yet...

Belly button in or out: 
Half and Half!

What I miss:
Sleeping on my back and stomach.

What I'm looking forward to: A weekend at home - lots of housekeeping to catch up on.

Size and growth of our baby: Baby is now the size of FOUR NAVAL ORANGES!


This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment