Wednesday, May 25, 2011

32 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How far along: 32 weeks

Sex: Girlie Girl!  Although, funny story...Brad and I went down to WV this weekend to visit some of our best friends and on the way down we stopped for gas, snacks and potty at Sheetz.  As we were paying for our milkshakes the lady helping us goes "So, when are you due?" To which I replied "July 20."  Then she goes "You're having a boy?"  "Umm, no, its a girl."  At that point, she just stared at my belly with this unsure look about her, so I piped up "Well, at least that's what the doctor told us!"  She didn't look convinced!

Now Brad and I are worried that we're going to have to do a lot of returning pink for blue...

Maternity clothes: Basically, whatever is comfortable!

Sleep: Sleeping is becoming more and more uncomfortable...lots of tossing and turning.  AND!  Last night the power went out around 7:30pm, which means that I had to go to sleep without the AC and my fan.  It was a rough night, but thankfully the power came back on around 6:30, so I was able to get a couple cool hours of sleep.

Best moment(s) of the week:  We had a great time visiting Andrew & Natasha down in WV on Saturday.  They took us to one of their favorite pizza places, which was delicious, and then we convinced the boys to take us to see Bridesmaids.  There were some funny parts, but we were all a little disappointed.  All the funny parts you see on the previews are the funny parts in the whole movie.

And!  Last night I went to a lactation class at the hospital I'm delivering at and it was really informative!  I was a little overwhelmed at the thought of breastfeeding, although it was definitely a no-brainer decision for us, so I'm feeling a little more prepared in that department now.
 
Movement: I feel her all the time!  Its like I hit 30 weeks and "BOOM".  She's definitely a little wiggle worm in there.  In fact, I can feel her right now and I think she just finished having the hiccups.  Did you see the video I posted yesterday?

Food cravings/aversions: Nada.

Morning sickness: Nada.

Symptoms: In addition to being hot pretty much all the time thanks to this 80 degree weather, my feet are really sore all of the time.  Its like waking up the morning after wearing an uncomfortable pair of heels all night.   You step out of bed for the first time and "ouch!"  Sore feet!

Labor signs:
Not yet...

Belly button in or out: 
Its still an innie, but its almost to the point where its level with my belly.  Does that make sense?

What I miss:
Sleeping on my back and stomach.

What I'm looking forward to: A long weekend in GR!  We have two weddings to go to (Friday and Saturday) and its also my birthday on Sunday!  I'm definitely excited for a little get-a-way with Brad.  Poor guy has been working so much (work-work and house work) I think he needs it more than me : )

Size and growth of our baby: Baby now weighs as much as a LARGE JICAMA!


By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment