Wednesday, March 2, 2011

20 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How far along: 20 weeks - halfway there!

Sex: ITS A GIRL!!!  Feels so good to finally be able to fill in this category...and to refer to our baby and "she" and "her"...instead of "it"!

Maternity clothes: Starting to wear a couple maternity things but a lot of my pre-pregnancy shirts are very flowy, so they still work.  I put on a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans today, for the first time in a while, and their getting a little snug.  I think its time for a Bella Band...or some straight up maternity jeans.

Sleep: Have been sleeping really well.  I don't think I've even gotten up to go pee during the past couple nights.

Best moment(s) of the week:  Most definitely finding out the sex of our little baby.  Brad and I were pleasantly surprised to find out we will have a daughter.  Her name will be Charlotte : )  {middle name, TBD}

Movement: Haven't felt anything yet but my Dr. assured me that's normal and it could be anytime in the next month.

Food cravings/aversions: Nada.

Morning sickness: Nada.

Symptoms: Pretty bad back pain, but I don't think its pregnancy related.  Just some rough housing with Augie & Avi in the snow a couple weekends ago : )

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
Definitely still in.

What I miss:
  I miss normal winters.  Its not supposed to rain in February, which is did all last week.

What I'm looking forward to: A weekend in MI starting tomorrow!  Can't wait to see my girls...and finally meet Baby Bella!

Size and growth of our baby: Baby is now the length of a BANANA!


Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel. For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of her head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.

She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

(The "shes" and "hers" are intentional from this point forward!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Charlotte!!!!! Ahh!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my word. The cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that name meghan. Now we can pray for baby Charlotte by name.

    ReplyDelete