Monday, March 28, 2011

Antiquing.

While Brad's parents + sister were in town, we decided to explore a few antique stores that are near our house, that we've never been into.  I had (and still have) a pretty bad cold all weekend, so antiquing sounded like a fun, low-key activity for us.  I was kind of surprised when Brad suggested it, but jumped on the chance to go antiquing with my husband (this is usually an activity I do with my girlfriends).  I had no idea Brad loved it as much as I did...especially when he pointed out this adorable little desk he wanted to get for Charlotte (oh, melt my heart).


 
I originally thought this little hole was supposed to hold a little pencil cup, but come to find out, its to hold ink for old-school pens.  Pretty cool...although, we'll adapt it to hold some pencils instead :)









I love imagining the treasures she'll hide in here.  Maybe even a little lap top some day.  Wouldn't that be funny...MacBook, circa 2020, meets Antique School Desk, circa 1891 : )


 Brad also found this old desk chair that we ended up bringing home too.  It seems to have been painted at some point, but we love the color and the worn wood showing through.


 It seems to be very solid and well built.


And even has this little metal plate on the back.  It must have been a Duquense Light Company office chair at some point (the picture is kind of blurry, so its hard to make out the words).


I love finding hidden gems in the midst of a lot of junk : )  Did everyone have a nice weekend?!

xoxo,
meghan

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT DESK!! I REMEMBER GOING TO THAT LITTLE ANTIQUE SHOP!!

    ReplyDelete