Wednesday, March 30, 2011

24 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How far along: 24 week = 6 months!

Sex: Girlie Girl!

Maternity clothes: Still wearing most of my regular shirts.  Wore my maternity jeans again yesterday...so so comfy : )

Sleep: Had been sleeping really really well, until I got sick last week Tuesday and have been sleeping like poop since.

Best moment(s) of the week:  Had a really nice visit with Brad's family this weekend, celebrating Jaclyn's 13th birthday.

Movement: She was moving like crazy this morning when I woke up, before I got out of bed.  I love the feeling, despite thinking that it would freak me out.  It totally doesn't : )

Food cravings/aversions: Nada.

Morning sickness: Nada.

Symptoms: Back is in much better condition, and I am so so thankful!

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
Its still in, but getting more and more shallow.

What I miss:
  Having a kitchen sink and kitchen counter tops.  Luckily both will be in on Friday.  I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm actually looking forward to cooking dinner again.  Eating out and frozen dinners got old after about...3 days.

What I'm looking forward to: Erica will be here tomorrow night.  Wahoo!

Size and growth of our baby: Baby is now the length of an EAR OF CORN!


Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long, she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

In the past few weeks, the top of your uterus has risen above your belly button and is now about the size of a soccer ball.

Also, at some point between now and my next baby appointment in a month, I have to get the dreaded glucose screening test.  I'm hoping the first one goes well, so I don't have to get the second one.  Cross your fingers!

2 comments: