Friday, March 11, 2011

Pittsburgh Winters.

Now having lived in Pittsburgh through another winter, a more typical winter, I'm a little disappointed.  Last winter when Brad and I were living in Squirrel Hill, we had the most magnificant snow storm I've ever experienced.  It started snowing on a Friday afternoon...



...and continued all through the next morning, which resulted in TWO FEET of snow accumulation at once. 







When we walked out our front door that Saturday morning, it was literally like we were living in a snow globe.  Cars were buried in and wouldn't have been able to get anywhere even if they weren't, so Moose was able to run around the streets a free dog.  He loved it and we loved it.  I was like a giddy child that just woke up on Christmas morning.









I think I was snowed in from work for the entire week...or at least that's the excuse I used.  You all know how much I loved working for Lockerz : (

Anyway...the point of this post is that this winter has been NOTHING like last winter.  I feel like we've had more rain than snow and that's just not what winter is all about!  So, to my surprise this morning, I woke up to a few inches of snow this morning.  The kind that sticks to the trees and makes everything look beautiful...like you're in The Polar Express.  I am a happy girl today!!

picture of part of our backyard as I was getting in my car this morning.

Cheers to at least a few more days of what winter is really all about :)

xoxo,
meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment