Wednesday, February 16, 2011

18 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How far along: 18 weeks

Sex: Unknown. But I'm counting down the days!!

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but things are starting to get snug.  I just ordered some stuff for Spring/Summer, that should be arriving soon.  Who knows if it will fit me at that point, but we'll see!

Sleep: I've actually been sleeping really well - haven't even been getting up in the middle of the night to pee.  But, I do wake up with an overly full bladder, for sure.

Best moment(s) of the week: Brad and I had a really great Saturday, as we celebrated Valentine's day a couple days early. 

Movement: Still waiting...and nervous!

Food cravings/aversions: Nada.

Morning sickness: Nada.

Symptoms: My lower back pain has subsided, but it still gets pretty painful sometimes.  I think I came to the conclusion that I must have done something to it, when I was playing with my cousin Avi in the snow (throwing her around, pushing her sled, etc) and building snowmen with Augie.  Ooops!

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
Definitely still in.

What I miss:
  I don't think I miss anything right now...aside from the obvious family and friends back home.

What I'm looking forward to: boy or girl?  boy or girl!?

Size and growth of our baby: Baby is now the size of a BELL PEPPER!



Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment