Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Since Valentine's Day fell on a Monday today and Mondays are, well, Mondays...I decided that we would celebrate on Saturday instead.  So, I decided that I would take on the usually-a-husband-task, and plan a fun day for us.  

I cooked us a simple, but yummy breakfast in the morning..

cinnamon rolls (Brad's favorite), scrambled eggs with Italian sausage, tuscan toast, clementines & OJ


i even used our special Valentine's Day plates :)

so good!  one of my favorite breakfasts these days!

Mid-breakfast Brad got up, grabbed his keys and walked out the door.  Whenever he gets me a gift he keeps it locked in the glove compartment of his truck - and I knew that's where he was headed :)  But when he walked back into the dining room carrying a Little Blue Bag, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face!  Who doesn't love getting anything in a Little Blue Bag!  I have such a thoughtful-gift-giving husband...

this note made me cry...until I got to the closing, which made me laugh!


This is what was inside the Little Blue Box and I loooove it!  Its an extra special gift because all of the locks on our interior doors have skeleton keys.  So, I will always remember that he gave this to me on Valentine's Day, in our 'skeleton key' house : )



Brad's gift this year totally trumped what I got him, although he loved it!

my two handsome men (one with a little bit of bedhead going on)!

After breakfast, we got a quick work out in (which I'm still sore from), did a little furniture shopping browsing, and then headed into Pittsburgh for our evening of fun! 

First stop: Carnegie Museum of Natural History.  Brad has been wanting to go to this museum since we moved here.  I'm not a huge museum person, but Brad is and I planned the day for him.

Next stop: Monterey Bay Fish Grotto.  I have been to this restaurant once before and remember the food and views being amazing.  I knew Brad would love it (we love good fish)!  It sits on top of Mt. Washington, with an amazing view of the city.  The entire right side of the restaurant is windows and if you are lucky enough to get a table next to the windows, you can see the entire city lit up and the three rivers.  Its a really beautiful view!  The whole experience was great - service, food, ambiance and of course, the handsome man I was with.

The whole day ended up being really fun and relaxing, which is what we both needed.  I'm thinking that I should plan days like this more often...why wait around for Valentine's Day?

Did you do something fun to celebrate with your sweetie!?  Do tell!!

xoxo,
meghan

2 comments:

  1. Meghan, I got the same exact key! Haha how funny.

    & your breakfast looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it so much meg. Love the pics of breakfast especcially. looks amazing. I'm in the process of preparing a dinner for nathan this evening while he's running errends. love you and keep posting!!!!

    ReplyDelete