Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One Year Anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary of my Etsy shop, The Pretty Pearl!  I can't believe its been a year already - its really flown by when I think about all that has happened in the past twelve months.



I started The Pretty Pearl (my Etsy shop, not this blog) last year while Brad was in his first year of law school.  I found myself newly married, in a new city, with no friends and a husband that I rarely got to spend fun, quality time with.  I needed something to occupy my free time.  And, since we went from two incomes to my measly income, the extra money couldn't hurt.

original hangers made for my 'maids

Encouraged by a couple friends and fueling off compliments from acquaintances and questions as to where I purchased the hangers, I decided to start making and selling the very same hangers that I made for my bridesmaids.  I initially started out with the same white paint on a cherry finished hanger, and later expanded to offering other finishes of hangers and other colors of paint, to accommodate any brides color scheme.  I also started selling baby hangers, which are popular for flower girls and baby showers.

hangers I did for an old high school friend's wedding


baby hanger

It was really exciting to me that people I didn't know and had never met were buying something that I had made.  I was pretty busy during wedding planning season and then died down around September, which actually worked out great because that's when we bought and moved into our new house.  Things have picked up again since the new year has rolled around, as brides are scrambling to wrap up last minute details :)

natural hanger + white

white hanger + goldenrod yellow


white hanger + carnation pink


Its a fun little hobby for me and something that I never imagined I'd still have going a year later :)  Cheers to another great year!

xoxo,
meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment