Wednesday, February 23, 2011

19 Weeks!

Today's date: Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How far along: 19 weeks

Sex: Unknown. But we'll know very very soon!!

Maternity clothes: For the first time, I wore a maternity sweater that my mom got me for Christmas.  Its actually really cute and I think I'd even wear it post-pregnancy.

Sleep: I had been sleeping really well, until I came down with a cold.  Sleeping when you are sick is never fun. 

Best moment(s) of the week:  Last week, I got to have dinner with two girls that used to work at Pikimal with me.  I was so sad when they both left at the same time, so it was great to catch up with them!  Looking forward to doing it again soon :)

Movement: Still waiting...and getting a little nervous that I haven't felt anything yet.

Food cravings/aversions: Nada.

Morning sickness: Nada.

Symptoms: Nothing pregnancy related...just this stupid cold : (

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
Definitely still in.

What I miss:
  I miss the MI snow.  Pittsburgh winters stink!

What I'm looking forward to: boy or girl?  boy or girl!?  And, my in-laws are coming into town this weekend.  We always look forward to having them!

Size and growth of our baby: Baby is now the size of a HEIRLOOM TOMATO!



Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

(The use of the word "her" is not implying anything!  I wish we knew already!)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to find out if you're life will be pink or blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to see a picture in this cute sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its in the laundry right now but maybe in the next couple weeks, Weave :)

    ReplyDelete